Friday, June 13, 2014

Making Memories

Oh, hey blog. Long time no see.

Well, it's the middle (what?!) of June nearly and time keeps speeding by. My little family and I have every intention of making this summer one to remember. We started out with a kick, as the first week of June we took a 7 day vaca to Navarre Beach, Florida with some of our best friends.



We didn't plan much but beach time and pool time. Honestly, it was so relaxing and fun. Gage loved and ocean and sand and so, between him and Gracynn, many little footprints were made along the shoren-- not to mention wonderful memories.



Gage's eyes would open in the morning and first thing out of his little mouth would be "play", "porch" (he liked hanging out on the balcony), or "Gray". The two of them played hard all week, and napped good too! PTL! Thankfully, the hubs let Hannah and I spend some time poolside while the babes napped. I had almost forgot what it was like to just lounge and soak up some sun!

More than anything, it was so nice to have a week as a family with no deadlines, no work, and no stress to just focus on each other and time spent together. We love the Kelleys and had such a wonderful vacation with them! Gage and Gracynn are more like brother and sister than friends, and that's how we feel about Heath & Hannah, too. 

Now as the rest of the summer lies ahead of us, I want to continue making memories. I love taking Gage on new adventures- even if it's exploring our yard and loading rocks in his toy dump truck- and I want him to have an excitement for life! For me it's all about balance. Half the time there are 4 baskets of laundry needing to be put away and a few dishes to be done, but I want to be intentional about using this time to invest in him. Obviously, I try to balance, but I don't want my days spent stressing over the house and neglecting this precious time with him. I want to be the mom that gets down on his level and engages. So, this morning we weeded flower beds together and played in the sandbox.

There are so many little things that he does that I just want to memorize and store in my brain forever. Like the way he says "thank you, Mama" as he picks me a flower and gives it to me, followed by a big kiss. Every. Single. Time. Or how he says "miiiiiiilk", "mama's baby", or calls himself "Gagey". The way he rolls over and throws those little arms around me at night. The way he prays and closes those eyes and mumbles something so fast and so serious. The way he gets his shoes and heads to the front door, ready for an adventure.

Time with him is so precious. I have to remember to daily allow myself some grace. The house can wait. Laundry and dishes will be here tomorrow. It's all about priorities, balance, and honestly recognizing that we just can't do it all. I may not be Pinterest-perfect, but I sure hope that Gagey thinks I'm the perfect mom FOR HIM. 

So summer, let's do this! We are ready to make some more memories!

What is on your summer to-do list as far as family fun and adventures?!

No comments:

Post a Comment