Friday, March 9, 2012

3 Month Check-In!

When are you due: September 23rd, 2012
How many weeks: 12 weeks on Sunday :) finally 3 months! yay!!!
Was this planned or unplanned: Definitely unplanned and quite the suprise! we had just decided that I would work for at least a year before trying to have a baby, but God must have had other plans & of course, we are THRILLED!
How much weight gained: NONE so far... I actually lost 3 lbs this past week because any food after noon sounded disgusting to me & I had to force feed myself!
Is this your first pregnancy?: Yes
Latest food craving: I just started noticing the cravings begin this week- the past few days actually! I started craving BAKED POTATOES. And now I understand "craving"-- I would have literally drove 3 hours to get one the past 2 days. Nothing had ever tasted so good LOL.
Your top two name choices or baby's name: We have our favorites that we absolutely LOVE but I don't want to say just yet... we want to find out the sex first, and who knows we might even wait to announce the name until it's born! But we are not good secret keepers! The only thing is I'm paranoid someone will steal our names (it actually happened to the first favorite name we had picked out) and we want the names to be original. We like names that are bit out of the ordinary :)
Worst thing about being pregnant: I honestly don't like complaining about anything because I feel so blessed to have a happy and healthy pregnancy thus far... all the sickness/fatigue the first trimester brought seemed more than worth it to me if that means having a precious baby, BUT I would say the main thing that has bothered me is the LACK OF ENERGY. I feel boring these days because I go to bed so early & have no energy in the evenings to go out and be fun! Annnnd I have had a harder time getting myself to get up and exercise. But it's getting better so I'm thankful.
Best thing about being pregnant: I would have to say it's the overwhelming feeling that God has brought my husband and I together to create this little human. Knowing that God knows our baby by name already & that it's something part me and part Ryan is so cool! Annnnd that there is a living human inside of me! So weird!!! But sooo awesome!
The first person you told: Ryan! I dragged him out of bed to show him the test & later that day after 3 more positive tests, I called Meemaw first!!! It was like I was still in disbelief, I needed her to tell me that if those tests were positive then it was true :) The I immediately called Mom & Dad after she talked some sense into me!!
Are you more scared or excited?: Up until the past few weeks it was all excitement, but here lately I have been a little scared. More just worrying about things, like the worry wort I am. But still mostly excited! I'm trying to just trust the Lord with it!
Last time you cried over something ridiculous: When I had my migraine this past week. I asked Ryan to go do a load of laundry for me & while he was in there doing it, I started crying because I told him I just wanted him to come sit down with me & didn't know why he wouldn't. Crazy! But honestly for the most part, I have been way more relaxed and happy. I'm suprised the hormones haven't made me an emotional wreck yet!!
Breastfeed or Bottle? I am a HUGE fan of breastfeeding and definitely plan on doing it.


The first trimester is coming to an end!!! I have loved the experience so far, even if the first trimester included all the yucky stuff. The excitement/anticipation/dreaming about our baby has already brought so much joy to us and we haven't even met the little one yet!

I am shocked that I'm not showing anymore than I am yet. I know I'm only 3 months, but I guess I was just scared I was going to be a HUGE preggo... I have a tiny bump/bulge, but nothing too noticeable yet. I'm ready for the next few weeks to bring more energy and hopefully more evidence that I'm actually pregnant= a bigger baby bump :)

2 comments: