Saturday, July 14, 2012

Weekend Rambles

I love Saturday mornings. Finally me and the hubs get to sleep in and cuddle all morning. It was particulary nice this morning, since it was a semi-rainy morning. I just saw him off to the shop, where he is going to work a few hours, and then we are going shopping to buy the final pieces of furniture for Gage's room! :)

LET'S CATCH UP!
Can you even believe that I'm 31 weeks pregnant tomorrow? eeeeekkkk!

Recap of week 30:
  • The emotions have came on strong. I have cried 4 out of 6 days this week. Thank goodness I have an amazing husband who makes everything better...
  • I have refused to step on the scale... I have also refused any exercise program the past week. Working 3 days at the hospital seems to do the trick, because my body has been HURTING. It's definitely an adjustment learning to be on my feet again. Especially with 20 extra lbs to carry around...
  • Gage has been kicking like a madman ever since week 29. I LOVE feeling those movements and kicks- it's the most amazing/reassuring feeling.
  • I made him a blanket, painted some frames, and made some wall hangings for his room this week. They aren't anything amazing, but it has felt SO good to do some crafting. Very relaxing for this momma :)
  • The feelings of exhaustion that the first trimester had are definitely coming back. I'll rest while I can, as everyone tells me.
  • All I can think about is kissing that sweet little face, and I cannot wait to meet our son.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

And in other news, it's been a great week. A crazy one.

Yesterday I GOT MY FIRST REAL PAYCHECK AS AN RN. After working so hard through school and not having a job for 2 years, it was a major milestone for me! Needless to say, I loaded Mom up in the car and we went to Springfield SHOPPING! I had prepared Ryan that my first check would be well spent on things I'd wanted for the past 2 years- and it was! Except I didn't really spend the whole check (not even half actually!)

I got some wall hangings for the big wall in my kitchen that has been bare since we bought the house! I can't wait to hang them this weekend :) they are so cute. I also got a lot of wall decorations for Gage's room, as it is still BARE. 9 weeks to get the room all ready for the little guy will be pushing it, but I think it definitely can be done. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Hobby Lobby? I got basically everything except one decoration on sale. Most of it was 40 & 50% off- I love me some sales. It's actually hard for me to pay full price for just about anything!

I found some other scores- like some maternity jeans for 15 bucks and a nice top to go with it. Maternity clothes are HIGH ya'll, which is why I have wore basically the 5 same dresses everyday these past few months of pregnancy. I just hate to spend all this money on maternity clothes, when I (hope) will be back to normal sized clothes in just a few weeks.

I did go to Target and treat myself to a new eyeshadow set, mascara, eyeliner, bronzer, and lipgloss. I got a cute little makeup bag to put them in. They are nice, new, and clean.... compared to my huge bag of makeup I've collected over the past years that has eyeshadow spilled all in it, everything is dried out, etc. It's crazy how just a new lil bag of makeup necessities will make a girl feel soooo much better.

Ok, enough about what all I bought. I probally sound materalistic, but these few purchases were SO fun after hardly shopping the past few years. It made all the hard work of school and 12 hour shifts worth it. I'm blessed to be starting my career and finally being able to help Ryan out with bills and making our house more "homey" and inviting. And it does feel good to have a new pair of jeans and some new makeup :)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday to my sweet sister-in-law Jess today! She is such a blessing to me, I couldn't ask for a better SIL or friend. I'm excited for her wedding in October- we'll have Gage to dress up and show off as he watches his aunt get married!

------Happy Weekend Ya'll!------

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute! Next time you go to Hobby Lobby...you can pull up at 40% off coupon on your phone! They will honor it for items that aren't already on sale!!!

    ReplyDelete