Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Routine?

I saw one of those e-cards on Facebook the other day saying something about how all these Moms are making Pinterest projects & gourmet dinners and I'm like "I took a shower today & didn't kill the kids".

I feel like that!!!

Life has sure changed, but it's not a bad thing! It's a matter of just figuring out a new way of life. This morning I got to take a long shower and actually shave my legs. Shave? What is that??

Somehow Mom can get Gage to take these 2 hour naps at her house, but this morning when I thought he was plum wore out after a fun morning of playing and a walk in our stroller.... he only stayed asleep for 30 minutes. I did have time to do some dishes, throw a load of laundry in, and pick up the living room. Just as I sat down to a semi-clean house and pumpkin candle burning, making me feel all cozy & inspired to blog, I see him squirming around on the bed. Oh hey there, Gager.

He is 11 weeks today! He is at such a fun age right now. I love it that he pays attention to his toys and loves when we read him books that have big pages with bright colors.

I am also feeling like I'm ready to attempt getting into a routine-- having a schedule. Obviously I'm not going to be strict about it, because there are plenty of days where we are out and about, and 2 days a week Mom watches him while I go to work. But I'd like to start doing some things at the same time each day to where maybe it will become predictable for him.

This morning after feeding him, I let him play on his playmat and listen to the Baby Einstein Pandora Station while I ate breakfast next to him and sang to him. Then we read books, and finally took a walk in his stroller. After his next feeding, I rocked him to sleep. He was tired for sure, as he had got really sleepy reading books and slept lightly the whole time on our walk. Hopefully this will be a time for a morning nap, whether it's 30 minutes or 2 hours (hopefully he'll catch on soon!) I still have to figure out what our afternoons might consist of that will be a daily thing. Hopefully it will include an afternoon nap as well, so I can start making some decent dinners! And I want to make bath time and when I put him down to sleep at night predictable as well.

So my question is to all you moms out there- when did your baby establish a routine? How many naps a day do they take? Any tips for me? Feel free to comment on here or on the link on my Facebook page! Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!!! With Eloise what helped me tons was establishing more of an order to the day... The order is eat, wake, sleep. Over an over and I just keep an eye on my "total baby" app which tells me how long it's been since she slept and how long it's been since she has eaten. I've figured out that at about the time she's been awake for an hour, she starts giving me signs of being tired. Right then I put her in her rock and play and turn on her sleep sheep (noise machine) and rock her. As soon as she is asleep I can do some things like shower or make myself food and then when she wakes, I feed her right away, followed by her "wake time" where we play and hang out. I would download that app because it helped me with seeing her natural patterns and it has helped me establish a routine the natural way:) I hope that helps!!!!

    ReplyDelete