Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Mornin'

Good morning ya'll!
 
For being up until 12:30 this morning, I'd say I've got a lot accomplished so far today. I'm trying to overlook the whole
I'm-exhausted-and-look-like-I've-been-ran-over-by-a-truck.
 
I've tidied up the house, got Gage down for a nap, and there is a yummy chocolate peanut butter bundt cake in the oven!!  I feel like a little homemaker today, with this delicious smell filling my house. I will note that it's not the time to be dieting when you make such tempting treats. I did have to sample a few of the Reese's chips that went in the cake and of course I tasted the icing until I got it just right.
 
Speaking of diets, who knew it would be SO HARD to get these last 10 lbs off!? I swear though, my appetite is worst now that I'm breastfeeding than it ever was when I was pregnant! Not cool.
 
Yesterday was quite eventful as well. I looked out my window to see a cow struggling to have a calf! So I called my hubby and his Papa and they came to the rescue! My hubby, being the thoughtful guy he is, brought his Granny along to babysit so I could go out with them and help. We had to round the cow up and then pull the calf. The calf was SO BIG that she wasn't able to have it on her own. Ryan and his Papa worked and worked until finally the head was out. I was standing back watching and literally praying out loud. Oh Lordy, I didn't know I would feel for that little cow like I did, but I was feeling her pain! Before I knew it I felt big tears running down my cheeks... AND the guys were yelling for me to help. Whattaya know, a few tugs with my help and the calf was out!
 
Being a cowgirl was fun- all bundled up in coveralls with my hubby's boots on. All I can say is
THANK THE LORD ABOVE
that he brought his Granny over to babysit. I was in one funky bad mood being stuck in the house alllll day because of the snow and ice. Just breathing some fresh air did my heart some good! (And seeing my hott hubby being a cowboy had its perks too)
 
Sooooooooooo as Gage is sleeping I've been contemplating something I've been wanting to do for so long now..... get a sewing machine and learn to SEW. I did a lot of it when I was younger with my best friend Sarah, but I would love to pick it back up. Maybe I've having this urge since seeing the MOST TO DIE FOR chevron material at the Rag Barn a few days ago?? (Is anyone else as obsessed with chevron as I am?)
 
Well, enough randomness for today. Man, it felt good to sit down and write this morning!
Have a wonderful weekend friends!


napping baby


my cake is done! yummmmmm



Now for it to cool so I can top it with this peanut butter icing!
 

Taste test! (I wasn't lying when I said I looked like death today!)

1 comment: