Thursday, February 21, 2013

Growing Into Who I Am

I am so not the same girl that started this blog a few years ago.

I'm a mom now.

I didn't know how much taking on this role would change me, but it has. I've been at it for almost half a year now, and I must say, I think I've grown into it now. It fits me.

At first I was totally clueless and googled everything (I'm not joking, people). Now we're nursing like pros, getting a very loose routine down, making our own baby food, having baby play dates with friends, and living life again-- just with a little boy by our sides.

I never want to go back to the way things were before. They may have been a little more carefree and I may have got a lot more sleep, but there is so much more meaning to life now. When Gage smiles at me, every bit of hard work is worth it.

It feels good to be coming into this new role. I now take delight in a few quite moments, a clean house, a giggling baby, and our sweet nighttime routine. I also take delight in more simple things- like a trip to WalMart alone, a nice long shower, a walk down the road. Everything seems to have more meaning.... and I sound like an old lady! I guess that's the point, I'm not that crazy teenager anymore.

I think I have to write about this because it makes it more real.. sometimes I look at Gage and think "I grew him in my belly. Craziness!"

He makes being a mom the most fun, most challenging, most life changing experience.

My life has changed. It's done a 180. BUT, I think I'm out of the "I have no idea what I'm doing" stage and into the "This is me. I'm a mom." stage. I have embraced this new role and I am in love with it.

So, if ya ever want to have a Mommy talk, count me in. I love all things baby and I've probably googled it once or twice since having Gage. (worry wart, much?)

No comments:

Post a Comment