Saturday, December 31, 2011

=]

ahhh. I cannot tell you enough how wonderful it feels to have my fingers on the keys of my laptop again. That's right! IT'S FIXED!! I was shocked bc I thought it was gone forever, but one of my dad's friends apparently is a super genius who saved my computer.... along with all of the pictures I thought I had lost forever. I'm so happy!!!!

Well, the holidays are almost over. Tonight is the last big celebration for awhile. I had an amazing holiday season. So many blessings, great time with family, lots of delicious food, lots of new presents!!!

I got some AWESOME decorations for my house! I can't wait to put them up-- that's actually what the hubs & I are doing today... I'll have to try and post some pics of the finished products. Somehow the decoration gene passed right over me and I feel like I can have a tacky taste at tims, but I reeeallllly tried this time & I think the end result will actually be cute--- and maybe, jsut maybe, kinda stylish? haha. Ok, maybe that's taking it too far! But I also have done some projects of my own that I'm kinda proud of... pics to come!

Another thing I got a lot of for Christmas was running gear. Now I have no excuse to start running again. That was my exact thought yesterday as I called Shirley (the mom-in-law) up to go on a run with me. I happily put on a cute new running outfit, laced up my new shoes, and ran out the door with Ry's phone with my RunKeeper ready to track the run. 4.75 miles later, I was no longer "cute" in my running outfit, my feet and legs were killing me, and I wanted to just push STOP on the phone! lol... But that's why I love Shirley, she pushes me & honestly I had no idea that I could have done that many miles so soon after not running for so long! It def helped having her to chat with as we went along & Ryka on a leash to kinda help pull me up those hills LOL... But today I can barely walk. It's ok tho, I'm still kinda proud of myself!

One more week of break. My, it's flown by. But I've really enjoyed it a lot. A lot a lot. 16 more weeks until I'm an RN. 16 more weeks until this season of my life as a student ends. 16 weeks til I'm in the real world finally doing what I've dreamed of doing for so long! And 16 weeks til I'm finally making a little mulah to help out the hubs & get to spend more on fixing up the house, etc!
I know this semester will fly by, and I want to soak up everything I can to learn and to enjoy the time I have left with the amazing friends I have made along the way.

I hate catch-up blog posts. Next time I'll write something more meaningful- something that I've been learning...

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE!
I'll write again next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment