Monday, January 2, 2012

2 0 1 2

I saw a friend post a recap of this last year & then post her new resolutions for 2012... It really made me think about mine, so here ya go!


Recap of 2011



  • Finished my first year of nursing school


  • Took our first cruise


  • Bought a new truck (it should be done & ready for the road at the end of this week!)


  • Saw God answer our prayers regarding where we needed to be going to church & serving Him at (it was neat to pray about something consistently as a couple & then see God provide an answer in His own perfect timing!)


  • Made some wonderful new friends


  • Moved Advanced Diesel Solutions from Harrison to Denver- big/scary step of faith for us!

2012 New Years Resolution




  • Complete AthLEANX workout program (3 months long)


  • Run a 5K & 10K


  • Pass the NCLEX on my first try


  • Get my first job as an RN!!!!!


  • Be consistent in my "quiet times" (reading my Bible & praying daily)


  • Learn more of The Word (B-i-b-l-e, yes that's the book for me lol)


  • Be a better wife (more loving, more encouraging, more of a serving heart, less needless fights/griping, and praying for my husband more)


  • Be a better friend to others

God truly blessed us with an amazing 2011! I feel like we really grew as a couple, learning each other more, learning to support each other in difficult times of our lives. And we definitely grew as individuals. Ryan was streched as he moved his shop to Denver & also hired 2 mechanics to work alongside him as his business is really growing!! He has learned to handle the craziness, busy-ness, and stressfulness of owning his own business and then be able to leave it at work and come home to just be my hubs. I have been stretched by going through what I think is the hardest season of my life so far- nursing school. I have had to learn to sacrifice some of the things I love to make time to study, practice, and study some more. Weekly tests that have everything riding on them takes a lot of courage & confidence and can be extremely stressful. Managing my time is a huge thing I have began to understand this past year.


I am looking forward to what 2012 will bring- I remember seeing it as my college graduation date & thinking it would be a million years away and take forever.... but it's here! Who knows what it will bring.... new job, new friends, new fitness, new travels, etc. etc. The list could go on and who knows maybe it could include things like new car, new house decorations, new baby??? Ok, so that is a BIG who knows.. but still :)


SO BRING ON 2012! The Smothers household is ready to take you on & see what you have in store for us!

1 comment: