Friday, December 9, 2011

Catching Up

Wow. I haven't had a chance to post in so long. I have missed writing in my blog! But the past few weeks have been crazy busy with Thanksgiving, finals, etc. My first day of break is today. Whew, I can finally catch my breath and relax for a bit. I'm definitely going to enjoy this month of freedom, it has been a long time coming!!!

Mom and I came down to Meemaw's for the night and so we've had a fun night. We ate dinner and just had some girl talk. Then some exciting news came- my uncle and his wife just got 2 little kiddos to adopt! We are ecstatic! This is the 2nd adoption that has taken place in my family lately. It has truly opened my eyes to the adoption process. It is so touching to see these precious babies come from horrible conditions to a warm and loving home.... and how you so easily love them just like your own. I'm so happy for my aunt and uncle!

Tomorrow we're gonna do a little Christmas shopping. Speaking of Christmas, I'm finally getting in the spirit. My house is now decorated, with our stockings hung over the fireplace. It's cozy- it's nothing fancy, mostly just decorations that Mom has passed down to me. But just knowing it's ours- our home all decorated for Christmas. Being young and married and being able to enjoy our cozy little festive home together is something special for me. It's something I'd always dreamed of. Our first home, a hodge podge of Christmas decorations, a little Christmas tree, and two people who are very blessed.

Last week Ryan and Trev's band All We Know performed in downtown Springfield. They put on an awesome show with some of their new songs that were rockin'! But how they ended it was so touching. Craig gave their testimony as a band, saying this is what they wanted people to take away from them...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spnxE-s0KKs
Check it out. It honestly melted my heart, of course I am biased, but I was so proud of them.
And I don't think I'd ever loved my husband more. I'm one lucky girl.

I've had a lot of things on my heart lately, things I've wanted to blog about but haven't been by a computer! Now that I'm on break for a month I really want to spend some time growing in the Lord while I won't have as many distractions and things pulling for my time. I definitely feel the difference when I'm not being consistent in reading my bible and spending time with God. I have bought some new books and can't wait to dive into them as well! One more goal is to do some pinterest projects for my house as well as rearranging and decorating/painting in some of our rooms.

Being here with Meemaw is so fun and I love it, but after 2 years it's still soooo hard to be away from my husband. I am so used to our life together and sharing everyday with my best friend, that when I'm away from him it's like a piece of me is missing. We are so attached lol. I never thought I would be this way with someone, but he truly is my other half! I have loved every minute of our marriage, even the hard times, because it has brought us so close and our love has only gotten deeper. I'm thankful and blessed and so happy that God made him perfectly for me! Hopefully over break I can finish the book "Created to be his help-meet" that I had gotten over halfway through. It was so convicting and really showed me God's plan for me as a wife. Maybe there will be posts to come! I love sharing what I'm learning as I continue on this crazy journey of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment