Monday, December 31, 2012

See ya later, 2012.

Well my friends, another year has come and gone. And what a year it's been!!! I accomplished 2 things that thus far in life (besides getting married) I am the most proud of and have proved to be life changing!

15 days after welcoming 2012, we saw two little lines appear on a stick and our lives forever changed! I guess you could say 2012 was the year of Gage. We found out we were expecting, experienced our first pregnancy, endured an all natural labor and delivery, and excitedly became parents on September 5th, 2012.

In the midst of all that, I graduated nursing school. I got my first job at NARMC and loved it. Then, life threw another curve ball as I took a leap and went into the mental health field where I now work at Arkansas Counseling using my RN degree. It's been a roller coaster, but I love where I'm at now.

Those 2 short paragraphs entailed so much work.... and there were times I didn't think I'd make it through either one of them, but I am SO glad I stuck with it because both experiences have made me stronger and molded me into the person I am as I happily start a new year!

2012 also held a really tough experience for me, one I'd dreaded since I was a little girl. I lost my Granny.... It was really unexpectd and sudden. And it hurt my heart more than I can explain. I'll forever have a part of my heart that is empty, because only she could fill it. I could go on and on about how precious she was.... I am just so thankful that when I close my eyes I can still see her playing her guitar and singing loud hymns of praise in church. I can hear her praying and when she didn't have any words left, especially as she got older, she would just repeat "Jesus" over and over. He was so dear to her. She knew all she had to do was speak His name.... Little did she know, she taught me so many life lessons just by living.

I feel like this year has brought so much change. I feel like it was a huge turning point in my life- it has molded me into a new person! I'm now a mom! My priorities have changed and I think, slowly but surely, I'm becoming a much less self-consumed, selfish person. My prayer is that someday I will be as selfless as my Granny, Meemaw, and Mom.... and have servant hearts like them! I hope that's something I'll grow into as God continues to change my heart.

Ok, now on to lighter things!

As I type I'm in my new fuzzy robe that I've been living in the past few days. Hair in a messy bun. No makeup. Thank goodness, I've actually showered today. So what I'm getting at is my resolution for this upcoming year:

To feel good about myself again.

Now, that may entail a lot more than the superficial things like fitting into my jeans again and losing the rest of this baby weight-- even though that is a HUGE part of it. It's being a better friend, learning how to balance ME time, HUBBY time, and MOMMY time, and spending more time daily with God.

I have a lot to work on, but I feel so ready to tackle this new year as a new woman!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment