Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sin Has Lost Its Power!

Sin has lost its power.
Death has lost its sting.
From the grave you've risen, victoriously!

We sang those words last night at Camp Siloam. Ryan and I drove 2 hours last night to attend the evening service at a place that is very special to the both of us. Ryan went every summer since he was 6 or 7 and I went all of my Jr High and high school years. There is no place like it- a place where the spirit of the Lord dwells and you can guarantee to be changed! All while having a BLAST.

On the way over we chatted about remembering seeing one another at camp throughout the years. And how we never really talked but always knew of each other. So many life changing summers we spent at the same camp, with similar friends, but it was years later that our patches actually crosses.... and now we can go back to this special place, together this time.

This year was particularly special as we brought Gage for the first time. He slept all 2 hours over- PTL!

I wish I could say I got to enjoy the service completely, but Gage woke up ready to play- not be quiet and sit contently :) But I did get to enjoy some worship music before we had to make our exit!

Marvelous Light is a song I've sang many of times but these words struck a chord in my heart last night.

Sin has lost its power.
Death has lost its sting.

I sat there thinking of the victory we have as children of God- all because Jesus died and rose again for us. Victory that I don't always cling to.

We have victory over SIN. It no longer has to entangle us and bind us down. We have the choice to allow Jesus to set us free and it loses it's power over us. We can experience freedom in our lives and start living a life more abundant.

I felt guilt as I began to sing and think on those lyrics. Sure from the outside looking in you might not notice any "horrible sins" that are present in my life- but the little, private ones have slowly snuck in.

My attitude? My tongue?
My neglect of Gods word in my life?

God wants to give me victory over sin, even in the tiny areas of my life. And He does that when I begin to submerge myself in His word and seek His presence.

I have let my tongue reign free lately- in my closest relationships. I haven't experienced victory over that, and it constantly proves the power that I'm allowing it to have in my life as I can easily snap at my husband or get frustrated with others. And that's just one example of the many I battle.

I think those lyrics moved me to see what I could be experiencing in Christ and what I'm limiting myself to.

I can let life get me so caught up in everyday things that I forget. I forget what a more joyfilled, abundant lfe i coukd be living. I can claim the victory over these sins that entangle me- ones that I haven't even realized until now!

Ryan and I talked on the way home about what we want spiritually for our family. We are ready for renewal and refreshment and to allow God to exhibit His power in our lives!

What sin, even small ones, have power in your life? Jesus is ready to give you the victory!

I am ready to live a victorious life!

No comments:

Post a Comment