Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Morning Mercies

I know everyone has been going on about the weather, but I can't help but chime in!

The past few days have been breathtaking. I know I usually say summer is my favorite season, but when fall comes it always reminds me of peaceful and refreshing it is... and just how much I love it.

The past few mornings have been so perfect for a hot cup of coffee & some yummy creamer, sitting on the front porch- finally bundled up in a cozy sweatshirt :) For me, I've enjoyed sitting there and letting God teach me a few things. Really, just taking in the cool air can move you all in itself. It's like you can't take in enough of the beauty of the Lord & His creation. Just walking out on the porch these past few mornings, I've felt the spirit of the Lord there. So I got to thinking about references in the bible about seeking the Lord in the morning. I'll share what I found...

Psalm 5:3In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Psalm 90:14Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Psalm 63:1 "O God, thou art my God; EARLY WILL I SEEK THEE...."

Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

These are some of the verses I found. I agree with David in the Psalms, there is something about seeking God in the morning that is satisfying! You can feel His presence so strongly & it makes you GLAD all your day!! Also, Jesus got up very early in the morning to pray. I'm sure there is signficance to that...

And finally, one of my favorites! Lamentations 3:22-23.... The Lords' mercies are new EVERY MORNING! It has been so refreshing to me to get up these past few days & relish in those mercies and thank Him for them!!

Honestly, the past few morning have not been intense prayer times for me or reading chapter after chapter in my bible (which is important none the least)... but have simply been enjoying a cup of coffee on my front porch, letting the cool air, the new day & the new mercies remind me of God's FAITHFULNESS to me & simply thanking Him silently as I enjoy His creation and experience the joy and peace He gives us as His children.

So I'm thankful for this weather, as it has drawn me closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment