Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans!

What a fabulous weekend!
Spring is in the air. And that fact alone made my weekend.

We started the weekend out right by a late night run to Chilis.
Ryan and I both have decided to kick the #loseyourlard challenge into high gear.
So we (reluctantly) turned down our normal corn quacamole & salsa with chips.
I got a side salad and the Margarita Grilled Chicken. It is SO good.
SO good you would never know it has just over 500 calories!
Small victory, right there. Eating out and trying to be healthy is always my downfall.
I always cave.
But not Friday night!
 
We ended the night with a midnight movie, matress in the living room floor, & a baby snuggled up between us. Makin' memories.
 
Oh, and in the middle of the midnight movie, I was surfing Pinterest.
I found the most simple way to make a turban.
Here's how it turned out.
{Tutorial to come!}

 
The next morning looked like this.
Well, after we got out of bed.
But do you see his location in the bed? Dead center.
Mom & Dad may have been scrunched- but we loved all the cuddles.
I had this thing in my head that cosleeping was like a deadly sin, and have been exhausted the past few months. We finally gave in, with no regrets.
Why it is looked down upon, I don't know, but last night Gage slept 8 straight hours.
Praise Thee the Lord.

 
After waking, we made a trip to Home Depot in the ol' farm truck.
Good times, just like the Beverly Hillbillies.
I used to be ashamed; now I just embrace it.
Lots of laughs is guaranteed when you ride in that thing.
Especially when you have a peach tree on the flatbead.


(Gage rode too & thought it was pretty fun)
 



 The rest of the day we spent working on the garden.
Gage had his first tractor ride, and cried.
It was too loud for him, but he loved to watch Daddy till up the garden with it.
Mom, Dad, Trev, & his girlfriend came down for dinner.
We grilled chicken, pork loin, veggie kabobs, & pineapple.
Yum.
We also had cous cous (or coo-coo as Dad called it haha).
 
Today has been filled with church, a Jillian workout, and lots of playing with Gage Man.
We're skipping church tonight because we're all in our pjs cuddling and the weather is pretty yucky.
I love family time.
 
I love that spring is coming and we can start getting out and about.
And introduce Gage to everything outside.
 
I love this life God has blessed me with.
Just thought I would share what happened in our neck of the woods this weekend.
Hope you had a great one as well!














No comments:

Post a Comment