Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lake Adventures

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm laying in the camper with Gage as he naps while listening to the old AC buzz. Life has been so simple here.

I needed this getaway! We brought the camper over last weekend and are leaving it through the 7th of July. We have all come and gone as we like, but most of Ryan's family has spent the weekends here.

I was worried how Gage would do at the lake, but he has loved it from day one!

He won't let us put him in his little floater anymore but he loves to sit on the edge of the water and let the waves come splash him as he digs for rocks and splashes his little hands in the water! He just squeals with delight! It almost always wears him out and so we will come back to camp, dry off, and I'll rock him to sleep. He has slept right under the AC and it's humming sound and cool air makes for some great (long) naps!

When we aren't swimming or napping, he has loved to take walks all around the campground. He loves going to the water and seeing boats where he'll go "brrrmmm brrmmmm" with his little lips (aka: his favorite noise to make)!!

The playground isn't too far from our camp and he has played on it and made a lot of new little friends. You should have seen it! They all surrounded him and kissed his little legs and then would jump around and make him laugh! We even let the 5 year old take him down the slide :)

Ryan and I have got to have some adventures on the boat and jet ski while Shirley has kept an eye on Gage while he napped! I still like hanging out with that guy, believe it or not :) One thing I love about Ryan is that he "knows how I do everything", or so I tell him! He takes care of us so well and I love that about him!

We have had friends and family out to grill, we have made s'mores, ran into town for some speciality pizza, lounged in lawn chairs, sun bathed, and drank way too much pop (Gage included!)... but it has been a great time and we have made great memories! I love doing life with these people I call mine.























No comments:

Post a Comment