Saturday, January 7, 2012

Conversations Seasoned with Salt

Today I'm so cranky. Man, I don't even like to be around myself on these days LOL. I think it's because it's a beautiful Saturday and so far all I've done is sit and read an insanely long chapter out of my med/surg book.... all alone. Ryan had to work today. Bummer. I had wanted to go on a hike.

So I opted for taking a walk/run and now to blog a bit....

Yesterday morning was much more enjoyable. I had a coffee date with my sister-in-law, Jess, and our friend Jennifer. She has sort of taken us in and discipled and mentored us the past year or two, and what a blessing it's been! I can always expect good coffee, laughs, and some serious sharing of what God has been doing in our lives. It's conversation that I can't have with many other people. But why?? It's the most meaningful conversation to have, to talk about how you are growing, struggling, or what you are learning from the word. It made me think, why is it only every so often I have those types of conversations? Why is Jesus so hard to talk about? Why isn't it our #1 topic, encouraging one another, growing together, and stressing its importance the way we should?? That's something I want to strive for, in all my friendships to talk about our walks with God and try to encourage my friends more in that. Otherwise, aren't we all just floating through life never talking about our most important relationship or real purpose here?


Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. -Colossians 4:6


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. -1 Thessalonians 5:11


And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. -Hebrews 10:25



Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. -Galatians 6:2


And just like that, I'm not near as cranky. Funny how just reading some of God's word puts you in a better mood. And sitting on the porch in the sunshine sure helps too :)
P.S. The pic is of mine & Jess's boots yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment