Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Passion, please.

Life is back to normal.

I'm studying nonstop. House is fairly messy (we are working on picking up after ourselves so it doesn't get SO bad). Supper is a little less elaborate, but hey! I still made supper so that's a success in my eyes. Hubs is working a little later since I'm studying. Me & Jack chillin' on the couch. I bet if he could talk he'd be a pretty smart weenie dog, he's been here for all my study sessions. I'm sure he could pass the NCLEX.

Ah, life as we know it.

So we bought a new truck. Ryan has been dreaming of driving a nice diesel truck ever since he opened his own shop. I have to say, it's really nice, even if it is a douly (or however you spell that) LOL. Saturday he should have all the bells and whistles done, including a detail, new tires, & windows tinted. It's so cute to see the hubs get so excited over this. I love when his eyes light up about trucks and mechanic-ing on them. It truly is his passion!

So tonight, as he ran out the door to finish up some mechanic work on his truck, he made me think....
Passion is something I want to have in life.
I want to be PASSIONATE about life, just like Ry is about trucks. I want to have things that make my eyes light up, things that truly inspire me and make me who I am essentially. I want things that make me come alive! Sometimes it's easy to get in a "rut". Just going through the motions, day after day. I've been there and it's not hard to get there, as life is so busy & tiring at times. BUT if I don't want to live that way! Life is too short!

So, I thought about it, and here is my list of things I'm passionate about. These are things I want to focus more on everyday. Because at the end of the day, it's who I am at heart. I want others to see my passion and excitement for life & for it to be contagious!! I want to be a more passionate person!!


  • my husband (this includes fulfilling my role as a wifey, making him smile, and making everyday life exciting with him)

  • family (mine is the best ever and they have proved to be my best friends- I'd rather spend time with them than anyone)

  • traveling/exploring new places (with my hubby especially)

  • nature (it's where I feel closest to God, whether it's hiking, camping, or just sitting there enjoying it)

  • coffee on my front porch

  • worship music (especially worship sessions in the morning driving into school)

  • striving to be a healthier, more active person (even though I'm not 100% consistent, especially with my diet, I love the topic of health & exercise- it's something I'm super interested in!)

  • running (so freeing)

  • game nights (i'm super competitive, I love games!)

  • my Granny's front porch (honestly a place that touches my heart, I feel alive there)

  • my future career, nursing (I'm looking at it as a huge ministry opportunity)

  • star gazing (including deep convos about God & life & love)

  • dogs (especially my 2 little furballs, but they all melt my heart and make me smile)

  • shopping (it's something I like to do with my mom- good girl time!)

  • loving others (it's a work in progress, but I'm striving to be friendly, smile, & radiate love)

  • laying out (i could do it all day, ever day. oh how I miss summertime!)


Soooo, my goal is to enjoy these more often, to let myself COME ALIVE and be a happier, more passionate girl.



What are YOU passionate about??

No comments:

Post a Comment