Friday, June 22, 2012

Jack

My 3 year old weenie dog has about killed me over the past 4 days.

I won't go into too much detail, but let's just say that 4 nights ago I woke up to find our bedroom smelling oh-so-lovely and about 5 piles of, well ya know, to clean up... Apparently he had been whining at the door, but Ryan & I were both sleeping soundly that night. Of all nights! That was the beginning of 4 long days!

I'm telling ya, every 30 minutes he was sprinting to the door & so was I to let him out in time. He's so sweet, I felt so sorry for him. After night #2, and how grumpy/emotional I was the next day from NO sleep, Ryan decided that he HAD to sleep outside on night #3. This was very traumatic. For Jack & myself. I don't even know if he has EVER slept outside before & I begged and pleaded, but Ryan wouldn't budge. Let's just say I didn't get hardly any sleep that night either, listening to my sick little guy SCREAM from the front porch. Broke my heart- wanted to break Ry's nose- but I know he did it with my best interest in mind, wanting me to be able to rest...

So yesterday, me & Jack slept until 11:30.... and I never do that, so I had to have been super tired. We had a vet appointment for 4:30- and at 2 he had the WORST seizure he has ever had. Oh yea, he also has epilepsy. I'm telling you something happens to this dog on a weekly basis. So he is all convulsing & foaming at the mouth and I start BAWLING....I usually stay calm & just soothe him during the seizures, but this one was so intense I couldn't handle it. I called Ryan and he was there in just a few minutes. At this point, I felt like the crazy dog lady & just wanted this to all be over... And I couldn't stop crying.

Ryan loaded us up and sent us on to the vet early. On the way over there, Jack was still so out of it he fell out of the seat and into the floorboard, where he couldn't get up. I bawled all the way to the vet so when I got there my eyes were all red & swollen.

What a day- to make a long story short, after lots of blood being drawn, things stuck up his booty, shots given, and probing around on his stomach- we came home with some special food and antibiotics. Annnnnd Monday we go back to start him on seizure meds. The doctor said the epilepsy has gotten to the point where he needs to be on it. JOY. I will be giving him a human seizure medication 2x a day for the rest of his life.

Now, if this was just any dog I might be ready to chop his head off- but this is our BABY. I have never loved a little animal so much- my friends make fun of how in love we are and how spoiled he is. It's kinda pathetic, I know. And what he will do when the baby arrives? Probably go into a deep depression. :)

So today I actually feel semi-rested, as he only got up 3 times last night and is feeling SO MUCH BETTER. Thank goodness and thank goodness it's FRIDAY!

I have a girls day planned with Sarah & a girls night with Cheyenne and Tabitha. I'm really excited, even though I'll be spending the night away from my hubby because he is fishing all night :( and so I'm just gonna crash at my parent's house.

Now for a few pics!
Jack, Jackers, Weenzie, Weenz, Bear, Jackus, JackJack, the list goes on...


How can you say no to that face? :)

Just opening his stocking on Christmas morning :)

Jack & his sister, Ryka.

Hey Mom, let's go for a walk!

Chasing butterflies/grasshoppers= a hobby of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment