Friday, June 8, 2012

...about as cute as this stretch mark

Last night we finished our last childbirth class. What a great experience. We watched the dreaded labor & delivery video last night... Ryan about passed out 3 times and I almost cried the same amount. Out of joy, yes, when the baby was placed in its mother's arms for the first time, but more so during the whole birthing process. I am literally scared to death to push a baby out..... but I'm even more excited to meet Gage.

This week was VBS at church, so we had to miss it last night for our class. Earlier in the week, Ryan had kind of embarassed me in front of a lot of our friends at church acting like he was SO dreading class & how he wanted to SKIP because there was no way he wanted to watch that labor & delivery video... He went on and on acting like it was just going to be so torturous for him.  As I drove home that night, I started gettting more and more mad at the way he had reacted- which was mostly for the entertainment of his buddies anyway. So when he got home a few minutes behind me I had some words for him.

"Listen bud, I'm going to say this really calm and I'm gonna say it one time and one time only.
You want to know how "cute" I find it that you act so cute & funny in front of your kids acting like you don't wanna go to childbirth class, etc? I find it about AS CUTE AS THIS STRETCH MARK I'M GETTING ON MY BELLY. I find it about as cute as the 12 pounds I have gained, about as cute as my back hurting all time, and how NONE of my clothes fit anymore. That's how CUTE I find it.

So if I want to go to a class for 2 hours one night to learn how in the world I'm going to push this baby out, you better believe you are going to go & you are going to go with a smile on your face, holding my hand, and supporting me all the way through. Last I checked, I'm sacrificing my body for 9 months for this precious baby, which I will gladly do, but you better believe if I can do that then you can support me willing for 2 hours. So... what I'm trying to say is I'm really looking forward to class tomorrow night with you... :)"

I was so impressed with my speech, I remained so calm the entire time and simply told him the facts.
The funniest part was his response...

He immediately started rubbing my belly and going on and on about how beautiful I was pregnant, how he couldn't EVEN SEE the stretch mark, and how he was going to support me no matter what and how sorry he was.

SUCCESS.

Let's just say the rest of the evening I enjoyed a nice back rub, belly butter on my "stretch mark", and a lot of sweet compliments.

This was definitely a funny night in the world of pregnancy- and don't get me wrong, Ryan has been more than wonderful and supportive throughout this pregnancy, but sometimes a guy just has to act cool in front of his friends.... which doesn't always go over real well with a hormonal, emotional, preggo chick :)

Happy Friday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete