Monday, April 8, 2013

Grace.

"and a certain sign of grace is this- from the broken ground flowers come up, pushing through the dirt"

I love how the new growth and new life that Spring brings in the form of pretty wild flowers, gardens beginning to grow, and baby animals resonates GRACE in my heart.

Isn't that me?
The small little seed hidden below broken ground- covered in dirt?

But ah, the the sun comes and breathes LIFE into that tiny, dirty seed. And what breaks through that dirt and grows is so breathtakingly beautiful.

-------------------------------------------

I have felt like that seed often. This new season of my life has been the most wonderful so far, but had also changed me so much that sometimes I felt "the me" that I had known all my life was so far buried I couldn't even find her anymore.

Transitioning jobs, learning how to balance being a momma, going from a pretty selfish mindset to a more selfless one, old friendships growing, new ones forming, and the list could go on and on. I went through a season of change and as special and amazing as it was sometimes when the baby was asleep, the house was clean, and I had nothing but silence and a few free moments-- I didn't know what to do with myself. The "me" I knew from years before was buried deep inside of me... IS buried deep inside of me.

As Spring has made its arrival it seems to have awakened something inside my heart.

GRACE.

My prayer is that God takes me, like the little buried seed, and waters me and shines His light on me and grows me into something BEAUTIFUL.

Without Him I'll just stay here in the ground, but PRAISE THE LORD I don't have to! He has already worked in my behalf. He died for me, and rose again! All so I don't have to stay buried, but that by His GRACE I could grow into something more beautiful than I ever imagined!

My prayer today is that I would exemplify God's grace in my life. To allow Him to water me with His word, shine His light on me with His presence, and that I would break through the dirt and be a beautiful flower- all for His glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment