Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Lovely Saturday

Today was a perfect Saturday.

We slept in til 8:30.
Got up.
 Threw on some clothes,
ran out the door,
 and went to The Ranch House Cafe
 for a cozy and delicious breakfast.

The waitress warned us how much food we were ordering, but we laughed and told her that we were hungry and I was pregnant.
We could handle it.

Wrong.
Our eyes were bigger than our bellies.
(and mine is pretty big).

Then we ventured on to Home Depot were we walked so much we almost sent me into labor.
We probably walked around the store 3 times before we had the few random items we had came in for.

The whole time we spent laughing, holding hands, and picking on one another.
That's why I love my husband.
He makes doing the most simple things fun.


We came back home.
Took the pups for a walk down to the creek.
Vacuumed out my car.
Installed the car seat.
(we are ready for you little man!!)


Now I'm cooking dinner.
Then laying down for a cat nap
before a 12 hour night shift...
While my hubby & all our friends and family go to the
TRUCK PULLS
tonight.
I'm sad and kinda feel left out.
Hmmph.
I'm not very good at responsibility & having a job yet.
You better believe I'd rather be
beside my husband
cheering him on as he pulls tonight.

Oh well, I guess I'll just put on my big girl panties and do my duty as a nurse tonight.
Maybe God can use me to be a
blessing
to someone who is sick and hurting.
That's my prayer.

Oh, and my other prayer is that Gage comes SOON.
I can barely see my toes now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment