Friday, August 17, 2012

Me Time

This morning I'm up getting ready to head to Target.
I'm telling you, my obsession with that store is bad.
It's one of the top things I've craved since being pregnant! ha!
I have to work tonight so I thought I would spend today having some "me time" before I have to come home, nap, then get ready for work.

I just want to walk around Target, Starbucks in hand (and maybe some popcorn too).

I really need a stress reliever.

I'm telling you, God has really been testing my ability to give my worries over to Him.
Another test happened just last night when my work called me to inform me that one of the doctors has been diagnosed with Whooping Cough. And that they are taking measures to protect any of the people that may have been exposed.... sure enough, just about 2 weeks ago I was standing next to him talking, he asked to borrow my stethoscope, used it on a patient/wore it around his neck, and brought it back to me. That's being with 4 feet of him for sure, I mean I'm sure my stethoscope was covered in the germs.... ahhh.
So of course I had trouble falling asleep last night. If it was just me that could be in danger, it wouldn't be so bad, but I'm telling you if it puts my baby at risk it scares me to death. I feel like I'd already do anything I can to protect him. I just had to lay there and pray... and I called my doctor this morning and am waiting for a call back.
Maybe God is just wanting me to trust Him yet again and surrender my thoughts of fear and worry over to Him.

So I'm hoping Target helps clear my mind.
And I also hope I survive a 12 hour night shift tonight.

Happy Weekend, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment