Monday, August 6, 2012

Simple Pleasures

I never want to get so busy or caught up in life that I forget that it's the simple things that bring me the most joy.

A freshly picked flower on my kitchen table.

A cup of coffee with a dear friend.

A morning walk.

Kisses from my puppies.

A starry night.

Worship music on the drive to work.

The sound of Ryan's truck pulling in the driveway.


Sometimes I think I need material things to make me happy- but they never can give me the JOY that the little things do.

Last night and this morning reminded me of just that.

I came home from a 12 hour shift last night to my hubby in the kitchen cooking and our table set with a candle burning. After realizing we were out of propane for the grill & a quick trip to borrow some, he finally had dinner on the table. It looked so good, but the looks that came over our faces after the first bite of steak gave away that looks could be decieving! Needless to say, we had leftover pizza to candle light and brownies & milk for dessert.

This morning, we cuddled until the last minute when he had to get up and go to work. Then me and the pups took a walk to the creek, listened to some Christy Nockels on Pandora, and now we're enjoying the morning from our front porch.

Only 6 weeks until Gage is here and that is something I want to instill in him.
It's the little things that make life worth living.

I can't wait to see what simple pleasures he brings to our life.

His first smile.
His first step.
Sweet kisses and cuddles.
Playing in the dirt.
Daddy teaching him all about trucks and tools and grease.
Mommy taking him on morning walks in his stroller.

It's another day the Lord has given us! I pray that we can all slow down and enjoy the little things. If we just open our eyes, the smallest things can bless our hearts in the biggest ways.

Happy Monday, friends!
I'm listening to this song this morning & reflecting on Jesus's love for me- I hope you enjoy it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment