Friday, May 24, 2013

Be Intentional

(

I ran across this picture today and for some reason it took me back to just how TINY our Bubba Gage was.    Honestly, sometimes I feel like those first few months were such a blur. I'm so thankful for these photos that help me go back and remember my teeny tiny baby. I just love him so much.

On that note, doesn't time go by so fast?

Summer is here & for that I'm thankful.

After Gage was asleep last night Ryan & I were able to talk about our "dreams". I'm such a dreamer. Ryan, not so much. But last night he actually went with it and we had a great conversation about things that we would like for our home this summer. (spiff up the area in the yard where our fire pit is, assemble the new grill, get a volleyball net, deep clean the garage...)

I have been reading a book and the chapter I just finished was about needing people and how we too often go at life alone. Why do we choose to do that? I have become so much more of a homebody over the past few years, and sometimes I just find myself wanting to stay comfortable in these walls. BUT the book says that we need to step up and do it ourselves- INVITE people. START a core group. INITIATE.

With that said, and after sharing it with Ryan, we decided we'd like to do a few things around the house to make it party central. Ha! Just kidding, but we would like to make it inviting and family friendly for our young couple friends and their kiddos to come over.

That thought about just doing the inviting ourselves and purposely making new friendships went hand in hand with the thought that has been going through my mind over the past month.

BE INTENTIONAL.

About friendships.
About my relationship with the Lord.
About spending quality time with my husband.
About what I put in my mouth.
About exercising and having a body that feels strong, healthy, and confident.

I haven't been intentional at all especially in the past year.
I wake up hearing those words in my head.

BE INTENTIONAL.

Ok, God. I get what your saying, so please show me how to step up, be brave, and do these things that you are calling me to. I want to be an intentional person, not someone that just floats through life. Show me the areas I need to be purposeful in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment