Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Reverence

Hello, life as a nursing student. Sooo almost 3 weeks in school & I'm already in head deep, but so far so good! Yesterday I had a GREAT day at clinicals. I got a chance at starting 3 IVs & I was SUCCESSFUL at all 3! Definite confident booster. I started out feeling a little rusty, and by the end of the day I was feeling confident & things were running really smoothly. I walked out feeling like I can do this... the feeling I have to remember when there are days I want to cry!



This morning Ry & I went for a run, since we have been slacking lately. It felt good to enjoy the morning together, I'm thankful for the time we get together here at our home. It's the coziest place I can think of.

I'm still reading "Created to be His Help Meet" and it's still challenging me and convicting me. Coming into this marriage, I didn't really know what it meant to be a wifey, and so far I have learned a lot along the way!! Here is a blurb from what I read today:

"You cannot command your husband to love you. But God has provided a way for a woman to cause her husband to love and cherish her. God gave us ladies some keys to the avenues of a man's heart. God made it so that we can actually inspire him to into fulfilling his God-ordained duty. His very nature is made to respond to us if we will only treat him with reverence. God did not give men the wonderful promise He gave to women, that they can win their wives with proper behavior. But women have a beautiful hope based on the promises of God."

Here, it's talking about how we as wives can win the complete adoration of our husbands. It's not by nagging at him, trying to change him, begging him to love us/serve us/fulfill our needs. Instead, it's when we become SELFLESS and SERVE our husbands with reverence. Reverence is not just how you act; it is how you feel and how you respond with words and with your body language. It is thankfulness for his attention and affection. Deference to your man is the true height of femininity. It makes a woman beautiful, gracious, and lovely to all, but most especially to him.


We are to love, encourage, support, and follow our husbands lead. So many times we get frustrated when we feel he is not doing enough for us... but only when we turn our focus on how we can love our husband and reverence him more, will we truly captivate him and allow him to fulfill his God-ordained role. This can be a challenge for me at times! I think of the times that I tell Ryan how I appreciate how he works so hard for us, how he provides us a beautiful home... and I remember how his eyes light up! I think of how happy is he when he comes in from a long day at work to a clean house, a nice supper, and me in a smiling, happy mood! I need to be this way continually!! But we are flesh, and sometimes crankiness, stressfulness, etc. can creep in and steal great opportunities for us to love our husbands. So today I pray that God shows me more ways I can honor my husband as our love grows & that I continue to learn my role as a wife in His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment