Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whatever you do...

Today, I needed encouragement. I got up super early, made some yummy coffee, actually dressed up for school, and sat down with my bible. I was feeling nervous about going back to school and all the chaos that goes with it, so I prayed that God would give me a word of encouragement! This is the verse that really helped me this morning. Simple, but powerful:

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

Just what I needed to hear. School may be a minor thing in the whole scheme of things, but it is still of value to the Lord. He says that WHATEVER it is that you do, you can DO IT FOR HIM! So today I went to school with confidence knowing that I could be a student for the Lord today. I will work at it with all my heart! Because I will do it for the Lord!!

So just think, whatever you are doing today, no matter how small, you can do it for the Lord & make it count!!

No comments:

Post a Comment