Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Full Heart

My heart is so full. So so so full today.
Maybe it's the crazy pregnancy hormones, but I really do think that is has to do with the LOVE that is filling my heart.

Yesterday I got to celebrate with my sweet husband, who suprised me with a gorgeous diamond heart necklace. He was so sweet in telling me that he noticed I didnt' have a lot of nice jewelry and he wanted to get something nice for me. That really made my day knowing he had put thought into it... But honestly, the thing I love the most is simply being with him. We went to Olive Garden (which had the SHORTEST wait we've ever had... weird! we thought it would be PACKED) and sat down for a nice meal together.

So yesterday sat the mood. We spend a lot of time talking about our future little one. Ryan said next year if it's a little girl he'll have another little Valentine to get a gift for, but if it's a boy then the two of them will be getting me presents. What a sweet thought! Now after watching "A Baby Story" all morning, my heart is just overflowing with the thought of that. A sweet little girl, dressed in red on Valentines Day and her Daddy spoiling the two of us... or a handsome little man holding a flower for me... I cannot belive that it's really our time and that we really are having a baby!

Mostly, I have sat here today trying to study but my thoughts have been consumed with what he/she will look like, what it will feel like to hear their first cry, to hold them for the first time, to see the look in Ryan's eyes when he sees them for the first time. I can't wait. I wish I could speed up time and be holding him/her right now.

My heart is full because of the LOVE that my Savior has given me. That He loves me so much and has blessed me when I am SO undeserving. And believe me, there are HARD times and life is not always perfect... but today I'm choosing to focus on the LOVE that is filling my heart. Thank the Lord for His ultimate example of UNFAILING LOVE! I have Someone that I can look to when I don't know how to love my husband, and have no idea to be a mother, but He has set the perfect example and for that I am thankful.

Psalm 63:3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you!!!

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping
his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep
his commands.

1 John 4:9-11 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the
world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but
that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear
friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment