Monday, February 6, 2012

The Day We Found Out About You

It was a Sunday morning & as soon as my eyes popped open I quitely got up without waking Ryan. The day before, I'd been out with Mom & Meemaw. I was complaining that when it came to that-time-of-the-month, it was ALWAYS LATE and I was sick of worrying about not being a good vitamin taker or drinking a little caffiene and feeling guilty thinking "WHAT IF I WAS PREGNANT?" I'd just gotten used to that monthly visitor never being on time, but over the course of the past 2 years of being married I'd probably taken 5 or 6 pregnancy tests to just relieve my mind. So I was telling them that I was late again and once again worrying in the back of my mind when I drank a cup of coffee, so Mom said "Kaysi you just need to take another test to get it off your mind! You could be!" Her and Meemaw then started saying things like what if I was and I got really defensive saying "No way! This is always how I am, I know there is no way that I am!" I was ready to get home, but Mom insisted she stop at Dollar General and get a $1 test. I was so sure that I didn't need one, that I wouldn't go in and she ran in and bought one for me!

Anyway, that brings me back to the next morning: waking up, going to the bathroom with one eye open, and taking the test just so I could be relieved and go make a huge pot of coffee.... To my dismay, the test IMMEDIATELY turned POSITIVE. I think I had a heart attack right there! I didn't even think, I just ran to our bedroom, ripped the covers off of Ryan, grabbed his hand, and YANKED him out of bed! HAHA! His face was priceless, he couldn't even open his eyes and had no idea what I was doing. I didn't say a word, just led him to the bathroom where the positive test was laying on the counter. He just stared at it a long time, then looked at me, who started half laughing- half crying. I was so shocked, I just remember a lot of laughing, hugging, and me being in denial saying I didn't believe the test. It cost $1, how could it be right?! So we tried to calm down and tell ourselves that there was a huge chance that it was a false positive because of the cheap-o test. We didn't have enough time to go to Harrison before church to buy tests, so we had to sit through Sunday School & church. Wah wah wah. I was so nervous I didn't think I could make it!

So, next thing I know we're sitting in Sunday school SOOO nervous with SOOO much going through our minds. This is the part that blows me away. I swear, our Sunday School lesson is usually from the New Testament. Something like Matthew, Mark, Luke.. ya get the point. Well, we get there this particular Sunday & the lesson came from Psalm 139. Someone began reading the verses outloud:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, oh God!
How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—when I awake, I am still with you.

I can't really explain it, but even re-reading it I get chills. Not many times in my life have I felt like God was specifically speaking to me like that. But when they read those verses outloud, a feeling of PEACE went all over me. It was like He was saying, "it's going to be okay, I know this baby already before one of its days has came to be. I love him and know him already, and I'm knitting him together in you." Whoaaaa, I wanted to bust out bawling in the middle of class, especially when Ry looked over at me and I knew that he had felt God speaking to us too. So in the midst of my nervousness and being unsure of what was going on, God spoke PEACE to me. And what a confirmation!!!

So sure enough, after church we came home and found that 3 more tests were POSITIVE. Lots of squealing/jumping/kissing/hugging followed. The reality and excitement hit in then! And we were also so excited that God had used His word to touch us on our very special/SURPRISING day!

And since that day, we'll never be the same. I'm so excited for the next 7 months until we get to meet our little one. I'm so blessed to be sharing this journey with my absolute best friend and soulmate. And I'm soooo grateful and humbled that the Lord has blessed us with this little miracle. He is so good!!!

I'm sure I'll keep the blogs coming, especially now that I have a baby and pregnancy to write about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment