Friday, February 24, 2012

Pray Continually

oh my. the weather has been SO perfect. if everyday was like yesterday, I'd be one happy lady.

I have been staying ACTIVE all week! I have exercised everyday, almost walked at least an hour everyday this week! So I've felt way more energized, finally feeling like my old self again! The only thing now is that I'm completely wiped at 8:30 every night and usually asleep by then. Ryan was asking me if I wanted to go see a movie tonight, but then he said, "Well we better not because you are usually crashed by 8:30!" LOL He knows me well & has been super sweet to accomodate, as we are staying in tonight!

I wanted to share what God has laid on my heart lately, and that is that He is just waiting to be close with us. He is wanting to speak to us, to fill us with His love/peace/joy/etc., and to lead us in every decision daily.... if we would just choose to allow Him to.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

PRAY CONTINUALLY. To be in conversation with God all day long.

So many times I have circumstances where I really need help or some guidance, and instead of simply asking my heavenly Father, I take it upon myself. I forgot that He is the first place I should run. And more than just needing help, He deserves PRAISE. I think that this hits me more on gorgeous days like the past few days... I can't help but overflow with joy! I want to say THANK YOU GOD as I walk in the sunshine! I want to sing loud with my windows down and enjoy the world He created..... but I needed to be reminded that no matter what the day, He wants to be communicating with us and wants our praise and thankfulness.

SO, I want to work on "praying continually" and allowing God to be the first place I run for advice, for love, for peace, for contentment, for questions, for giving my time and attention, for ANYTHING I NEED!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment