Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bums R Us

We woke up at 7:30 again today. FAIL. The past 2 mornings our alarms have been set for 5:30 & then 6:30 (in hopes that an extra hour would be enough)... but nooooo we finally rolled out of bed closer to 7:45.

I could blame it on the weather and how the cool air is perfect for sleeping with the windows open, and how that cool air makes under the covers so warm and cozy- you know the feeling. Where you just can't get out from under the covers. Sure, that's a good excuse. But really, I feel like it's because we are becoming BUMS. lol Any type of self discipline has been a challenge for me lately, even if it's getting up earlier to get the things I need done... and for Ryan and I that was supposed to be exercising together every morning or at least time to make a pot of coffee and enjoy it on our porch together.

Apparently self discipline is not just MY issue, Ryan swears he is on a diet (I think he is making fun of me LOL) but last night while I was doing my workout video (day#2!! wahooo) he was eating burritos and soup and later at 9 pm right when we were getting cozy on the couch, he looks at me with his sweetest poutiest little face and said "Dessert". Seriously!!??!!! But how could I say no, after all he put in a 13 hour day. So at 9:30 he was chowing down on some chocolate pie. Spoiled! But so am I, it's the least I can do for him, he works so hard for us!!

Anyway, self discipline. Am I the only one that struggles with this? Even if it's my constant struggle with healthy eating/exercise to waking up early to get things done to studying before LAST minute... this is something I need to work on.

But some days it just feels good to be a bum... :)

1 comment:

  1. new look looks great! I'm playing around with my blog's look, too, but I'm still not overly thrilled with it...it's a bit plain...
    anyway, I enjoy your posts! Good work!

    ReplyDelete