Monday, October 31, 2011

Crankiness..

So, in my post below I shared some pics from our Halloween party. I'm thankful for those couples- they are a few years older and have been great examples to Ry & I. We really look up to them, not to mention are great friends! An answer to prayer, as we have prayed for godly friends and married couples in our lives.

Today has been such a blah day. I think I need an attitude adjustment! Anyone?

For some reason today I let the stress of future plans once again freak me out.
Where will I work? Can I do this? Hospital or clinic? Bachelors? Masters? Nurse Pracitioner?
It goes on and on... not to mention 2 big tests on Thursday that I've only slightly studied for.
Wah. Wah. Wah.

And then I got overwhelmed.
More from the fact that I'm constantly worried if I know enough or will be good enough as a nurse. It's a scary thing, working with people whose lives are in your hands. But also there is beauty in it- a chance to pour into someone's life when they need it most. Today I wasn't able to focus on that to say the least.

Somedays it's hard to not let those feelings and thoughts just make you no fun to be around!

We talked in Sunday school about how we let the things of the world drag us down... we start searching for happiness instead of experiencing the joy of the Lord every day.

Soooo I went for a walk with my puppies and asked the Lord to help me focus less on myself, my worries, my happiness.. and to focus on who He is, what He has done, and the joy that He gives us daily.
Then I came over to visit Ryan, and he asked if I'd like to go to a haunted house and out to dinner. Well, how bout that! Instead of letting my crankiness win the rest of the day, I'm gonna smile and enjoy my night with my husband. And try to hide from him the fact I've been a very cranky girl today!!

1 comment:

  1. Kaysi..don't stress..God has given you a wonderful thing..marriage, a future career..but don't stress over stuff youhave no control. trust me nothing never goes the way we plan but the way HE plans. when I am overwhelmed I read over an over an over again these verses..Isaiah 40:31.."But those who wait on the Lord shall renew THEIR strength they shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint..and Isaiah49:16..SEE..I have inscribed you on the palms of MY HANDS..your walls ARE continually before ME...so just be patient an wait on the Lord.. your name was on His hands when they were pierced and He knew then what you are gonna do Now...

    ReplyDelete