Monday, October 24, 2011

Victorious

Ok, so I promised some health posts... well the best I've got is that I bought Jillian Michael's new workout video. It's "Ripped in 30" (riiiiight lol), but I'm really going to try to stick to it for the next 30 days (riiiiight)... No really, I'm going to try! I'm trying to get back into this slowly. This weeks goal: get back on my vitamins and drink my 64oz. of water a day. Sounds tiny, but I'm so inconsistent on both of these and I know they are the basic most important things! I'm also going to focus on eating around 1200 calories a day- the video actually came with a meal plan so we will see.

Ok, enough about that!

I had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of time with friends, date night with the hubby, and a Sunday on our farm cleaning out the garage, mowing, and making our little humble abode look adorable! I feel thankful for the life God has blessed me with, including all the friends and family that make it so great. Not to say there aren't days I want to just pull my hair out, but daily I'm choosing to open my eyes to the blessings that God has given me, even if it's a cup of coffee and worship music on my way to a LONG day of class, instead of focusing on the things that drag me down or bum me out... and not every day do I win.

Mom said a few months ago something that stuck with me. If we THINK defeat we will be defeated but if we THINK victory, we will have victory! A simple concept, sure, but if you put it into practice in life it really works. God has already given us the victory, we just need to claim it! LOL I sound like a name-it-claim-it Christian now, but really!! Something I have found helpful is finding scripture that help me in the areas I struggle and memorizing them and using them as ammo when the bad thoughts/frustrations start trying to steal my joy. For example, I'm always a worry wort, constantly afraid I'm dying or someone around me is (aka: hypochondriac LOL).
But seriously, I had to memorize this verse:
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
And I have used it time after time in many situations. It's a promise of what I have as a child of God! Something I can use to combat thoughts that the mean ol' devil tries to get me to believe!

So that's my bit of advise for today- think VICTORIOUS thoughts and use some SCRIPTURE to defend your peace, joy, happiness, etc. today :)

Love,
kays

No comments:

Post a Comment